Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Gift of God's Blessing

by Chaplain (Major) Jeffrey L. Brooks, United States Army

     I don’t know about you, but there have been a lot of times in my life that I’ve said, “If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would have done things much differently.”  I wonder if anyone besides me has ever said that?  Something that creates stress for me is not knowing the best way to plan for the future because you never know what might happen tomorrow.  
     Do you realize that the Bible has something to say about preparing for the future?  Here is what it says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6, The King James Bible).
     I want to challenge and encourage you to pause during the Christmas Season and ask God to bless the year ahead of you.  Take some time to ask God to bless your family, health, work and all that you will find yourself facing in 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment